Friday, August 20, 2010

What would you say to your spouse/SO in a letter that is to accompany your will?

My husband and I are in the process of rewriting our wills. Our lawyer suggested that we write a letter to accompany our will. He says that they can be very comforting to the surviving spouse, but what the heck would you say?


Thank you!What would you say to your spouse/SO in a letter that is to accompany your will?
';I am so glad I found you, because until I found you, I wasn't complete.


I regret leaving you, but I am so grateful for the time you enriched my life. You made me feel so alive, every minute that we had together. Thank you for that, above all. I hope to see you again, whether in heaven, another life, or in hell. If we are together, it can only be paradise.';What would you say to your spouse/SO in a letter that is to accompany your will?
I would take some time and really put some thought into it. You could relive some of your fondest memories together, your wedding day and honeymoon, your children (if any), and so on and so forth... make it personal because I'm sure he/they will cherish it! I guess just be yourself!





I definitely like the idea... It's a great suggestion from your lawyer I think!
';You know neither of us are into sappy sh*t. So to keep it short spend all the money, enjoy yourself, be happy and take care of the kids. I love you and see ya when you get here. MUAH!';
Interesting! This is something I had planned to do but didn't realize that some lawyers would actually recommend it. It could truly be a beautiful thing to leave behind, but I hate to even imagine how nasty and hurtful it could be if the deceased person wasn't happy..a ';parting shot'; if you will.
It's all been real Some of it's been fun, but none of it's been real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment