Sunday, August 22, 2010

How common is it that when one spouse dies the other follows soon in grieving?

Couples who have been together 20 years and up. In particular among the elderly.How common is it that when one spouse dies the other follows soon in grieving?
It's a lot more common than people think. Some spouses just can't deal with the loss of their companion of 20,30, or 40 years. It's almost like a special bond that they share that cannot be broken by death itself.How common is it that when one spouse dies the other follows soon in grieving?
That does happen when the remaining spouse does not have a support system outside (family, friends) of the deceased spouse or the grieving is simply too much. I am not sure of how often; however it does happen. As well research has shown that people have actually died from a broken heart due the death of their spouse.
That happened with my father's parents and my mother's mother. The three were best friends. My grandfather died first, then my mother's mom and then my grandmother. My grandparents had been married for 52 years and knew my granny for about 50 years. They all died within 4 years of each other.
No, it's usually spouses of 40, 50 and 60 years together.


But, it doesn't always happen. I know an 89 y/o guy that lost his wife last year and is doing fine.
i hope i dont ever get in that position, missing your mate after that long of marriage is sad, and i for one dont need it
Because they truly loved each other..And they say that when youve been with someone I think more then 10 years you end up REALLY dieing with a broken heart.Its life thats what happens when you really love someone :-)
nursing homes and senior apartments are full of surviving spouses.
ASSZZZZ !

No comments:

Post a Comment