Friday, August 20, 2010

What would one think of a spouse says you hamper my life?

I have persistent allergic asthma. This is what my husband said to me. I have a lot of allergies some trigger my asthma some don't.What would one think of a spouse says you hamper my life?
I would be seriously hurt and probably leave them. That is a cruel thing to say and I wouldn't want to be with someone who felt that way about me.What would one think of a spouse says you hamper my life?
He's grumpy because your illness doesn't permit him or you (as a couple) to enjoy things as he would like.





Nobody's perfect. I'm sure my hubby will say the same thing eventually (maybe a little nicer). Chronic illness IS hard to live with not just for the sufferer, but the family as well.





It is completely wrong for posters to say that he wouldn't say that unless he didn't love you. He probably does love you and is just expressing his frustration.





When you aren't too annoyed, sit down with him. Ask him what one thing that you two could do to try to lighten the load 'so to speak' and make things a little easier for now. My BIL and his best friend both get together twice a month for several days. This gives a break to both my sister and his best friend's wife as both men have chronic problems that will never improve. She also goes on short trips with me, since he is unable to travel more than 2 hours any longer.
I would say your husband sounds angry.


Has he had to do most or all of the compromising due to your illness?


It might be time to ask yourself some really honest questions.


It's hard to live with long-term illness. It's NOT your fault or his, but it's the truth, and both partners need to understand that.


Good luck, Sweetie.


xoxoxoxo
The hamper comment my husband and I have both said it to each other. I think about your husband the same thing I think about when my husband and I say it, it's a burst of truth that comes out once in awhile when frustrated.
He thinks that your condition is holding him back, and that he's missing out on life. Basically, it's a more politically correct way of saying that you are a burden.





wtf ever happened to ';in sickness and in health';?
If your making his life more difficult so to speak, then honestly doesn't care much about you.... if he did he would never say anything like that ..i have crazy allergies and my husband helps me through it never makes fun of it
Wow, that was mean. It's supposed to be 'for better or for worse'. He was totally wrong to say that. Give him the cold shoulder til he apologizes.
I think he's a total jerk. Only someone who was mean, and did not respect his partner would say something like that. Health problems are something a good relationship works through together.
I honestly dont understand the question. Please be more specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment