Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you live with a depressed spouse and live separate lives as a result?

Please share your story.





Personally, I am staying in the marriage for the kids, but the depressed spouse makes it impossible to share time with her and refuses to take her medication.





I just want to know that I am not alone!Do you live with a depressed spouse and live separate lives as a result?
Normally, I'm a very optomistic person, but my husband of 5 years has brought me down. I am trying to be an ';up'; person, but it is difficult. I am really tired of giving him pep talks. Life can be hard enough to give yourself a pep talk. Sorry to hear that you are going through rough times with your wife. Have you tried to get any counseling? If not for her, for yourself, and your kids. Family counseling is an option too. Consider it! Also, going to church and receiving fellowship with other believers in Christ is helpful. Prayer is helpful too. I think I will take my own advice and go back to church!Do you live with a depressed spouse and live separate lives as a result?
I did live with a seasonal depressed guy, for many years. It got much better when we discovered what an important role food plays in a depressed person's life and what a difference this makes in helping treat the disease. I am sorry to hear about how difficult it is for you at the moment, and really do hope it get's better.
You are not alone, it is not fair to you and the kids, get involve in a church, have people pray for her, it is a tough situation because you are afraid they will hurt themselves or the children, it's like walking on eggshells, she should really talk to her doctor sometimes they say medication works with therapy also. Check in you area for a support group for spouses of people with mental illness.
You need to move out with the kids and be free from her problem.


It sounds harsh but the kids should not have to see her mood swings etc.


She can move back with her parents or a relative.


Mark it's time for those kids to finally live.
Depression can be very draining for the people around you. But it would be nice to think that at least your husband might be able to maintain his support. How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment