Sunday, August 22, 2010

How long does it take to get my refund when a Form 8379 ';Injured Spouse Allocation'; is filed?

I sent it in on the 23rd of last month. The Wheres my Refund thing said it should be at my house by the 10th of this month. Now it can not find any info on my return. Whats the deal?How long does it take to get my refund when a Form 8379 ';Injured Spouse Allocation'; is filed?
Form 8379 is an application. It's got to go to an actual person, not just a computer. Then it depends on their mood that day if they approve it or not. It can take 8-12 weeks to get a check back. If you get a check back. They can take the whole thing to pay your spouse's bill. It's all up to them.How long does it take to get my refund when a Form 8379 ';Injured Spouse Allocation'; is filed?
If you filed the injured spouse claim with your return it will take 11 to 14 weeks to process the claim and your return.





If you sent the form 8379 separately from your return it will take approximately 8 weeks to process.





You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-0922 to talk to an accounts representative who can advise you where in the process your return and injured spouse claim is at this time
you need to talk to the IRS....they have an 800 number and are also online..

No comments:

Post a Comment