Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How you can find out what your spouse is colllecting SSI for?

My dear friend married a woman that told him she was collecting her SSI for disability due to an aneurysm she had. However I knew her back then (her brother is my ex. husband) and I KNOW she had her disability long before that for being manic depressive. Does anyone know how you can find out why your spouse is collecting social security disability. She refuses to work, wont got o school, just travels around like she is something special because he is a VERY high level in the military and she thinks that makes her something special. ANY information would be helpful. Thanks.How you can find out what your spouse is colllecting SSI for?
or if there is a way to find out if your ex spouse is collecting it and what for?How you can find out what your spouse is colllecting SSI for?
ask them
no sounds like your nosy and jealous
no
Just have him ask the spouse.





If your friend can't get a straight answer, then he shouldn't be married to that person.
There is no way to find out without getting the info directly from her. But i get where you are coming from-you are probablly like me-go to work everyday and bust my *** to just barely get by -and then there are people like your friends wife who is perfectly able to work and wont-and is really, in my view, stealing from those who really do need it-pisses me off too. She is gulity or she wouldn't be deceptive about why shes getting it-first manic depression- then an aneurysm????
Wow..you can get disability for being manic depressive...dag, I need to quit working and going to school ASAP and feed off the government. (jk)


What a loser for collecting, acting that way AND for lying to him. He does have a right to know what she is collecting her check for. The relationship could be dissolved fairly easily due to the deception (in most places). I would ask my lawyer about that one, I am sure there are resources that are available to aid you in finding this information, but I am afraid I just don't know where to start.


Has he not asked her point blank about it and also brought up the fact that she was collecting long before for another ';reason';? Why is she being secretive about it? I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her, if she is going to lie about something as small as the source of her money, what else is she going to lie about? I would definitely have him contact his lawyer and ask for advice. He won't have to do any footwork that way, either.


If I were you I would keep out of it, it's really a matter between those two now. Granted you provided some possible information that could prove useful, it sounds like they have some issues.


People get SSI checks for all kinds of reasons, and MANY under false pretenses (I worked in fraud for too long not to know that one).


I hope all works out there, and take care.
HE should ask her, and you should mind your own business.
There is no way legally to find out.It's the privacy law that will stop you from finding out.Leave the girl alone.They don't give you ssi unless you deserve it.If her husband wants to know then he should ask her outright .ARE you the OTHER woman.Sounds like your messin in somethin that's none of your business.
Ask her
SSI and SSD are two different programs. I guess the first thing to find out would be which program are they collecting benefits under. Then, you will need to ask the person directly, because their is NO legal way you can find that out unless you become their Representative Payee. I think this is between your friend and his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment