Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How long did you date before your spouse asked you to marry them?

Just curious. Do you thing a year and a half is to soon? Not that we would get married right away. But my bf kept asking me to move in and finally I told him that I would want us to be engaged before I do. Also how did they propose?How long did you date before your spouse asked you to marry them?
5 years and it was worth the wait. I think that waiting that long made our marriage even stronger. Sorry, but I would rather not share our proposal story it is kind of personal between me and my husband.





Just move in with him if you are comfortable with it. Nobody says you have to be engaged to live together. I think that you should compromise with him on this one if you want to live with him. 1 1/2 years is sometimes a little too soon for getting engaged but not necessarily to make a commitment to eachother.How long did you date before your spouse asked you to marry them?
My husband and i had been dating for only 6 wonderful months before we got engaged he was already moved in too %26lt;~~~long story behind the move in...we had been together for 9 months when we got married and now we are 3 years together with 2 years married going on strong. Complete with 2 children as well I guess you can say that we wasted no time at all.


Our proposal was as quick as the wedding day came, we were talking about him joining the marines and discussing our future when marriage was brought up and decided that the next step in our relationship would be a commitment in front of god family and friends...we went and picked out the rights a couple days before April fools...went home I was listening to ';our song'; sitting in my computer chair in front of the computer and told him that we would dance to that song on our wedding day i swiveled around and he was there on his knee looked at me and said I want to spend the rest of my life with you, i said yes as i cried my eyes out his next words i will NEVER forget ';I dont have much but what i do have ill give you'; those words mean everything to me! It was magical. We told my parents on April Fools so of course my mother thought of it as a joke and two months later June 2 2007 we were MARRIED.





Marriage and beginning your life with your soul mate is a beautiful thing! Waiting or not doesnt matter I believe when you are in love with the right one time doesnt matter.
I met my second husband and started dating him soon after we met. We were together two months and went camping. One evening he wanted to show me an old abandonded cabin towards the top of a mountain. We got there and it was gorgeous. The sun was setting and you could see mountain top after mountain top from there. He came up behind me and out his arms around me and opened the ring box and asked me to marry him. I was floored because I had no idea he was going to do that. It was the most romantice thing ever.





We were married 3 months later and have been happy ever since. I don't think it was too quick for us because we had both been married before and had a good idea of what to look for in another spouse and we are very, very compatible.
My husband and I had a very short courtship together. We were dating for 5 months before we moved in together, and then 9 months after that we became engaged. We only had a 3 month engagement because we wanted an off-season (winter) wedding, but we didn't want to wait a year and half to get married. We were engaged in November and married in February. We were together a total of 16 months before our wedding day.





We didn't have a very grand proposal, however I still laugh when I think about it today. Me being the impatient woman I am was sitting on the couch with my boyfriend and marriage came up. I made some rude, snotty comment about ';Oh like you'll ever ask me to marry you anyway!'; and he instantly got down on one knee (The Simpsons on in the background, LOL) and pulled a ring from his pocket and proposed.





I was SHOCKED. Here I am, complaining that he'll never ask me to marry him, and he's sitting there with a ring in his pocket for me, Later, he told me he'd had the ring in his pocket for a few days, waiting for the perfect opportunity to ask me. How funny. :P





Anyway, when you know you know, and if you're ready you're ready. Do whatever feels right to you two. :)





Good luck!
Personally we dated for 5 years and lived together/engaged for 1 year before tying the knot. He proposed in our home with a ring around our brand new puppies collar 1week after moving in together, nothing totally overboard, but yet romantic to us.





A year and a half to me isn't a very long time, but honestly it depends on the couple. If you feel that both of you share common goals, views, and are mature enough to handle marriage then go for it. I liked living together before marriage. It helped us get to really know each other and our living styles. Just take your time, and when your ready you will know. Marriage is VERY different than dating and it's hard work. Times are going to be great and times are going to be tough-but in the end it's totally worth it.





Cheers!
No, a yr. %26amp; a half is not too soon. My man moved in with me


4 months after we met. He proposed 2 months later while


we were at a piano bar. He had them bring me on stage


and he got down on one knee and asked. It was really cool!


It was the day after Thanksgiving. We're still not married, taking our time, maybe a fall or Christmas wedding.
He moved in with me 2 weeks after we met, proposed to me 6 months after we met, so we were married 8 months after we met. Married now 8 years. Nothing wrong with wanting to be engaged before living with her bf. A year in a half is not too soon.
We dated for 10 months before moving in together. He proposed at the 3 year mark. Although we'd already discussed marriage before living together - since we'd both been divorced, we wanted to ensure/confirm that this was leading to a permanent arrangement.
Dated 1.5 year before he proposed. Married 2 months later.





He proposed Christmas morning in front of my entire family.





.
We dated for 8 years!!!!!


we were both high school seniors at a new school when we met and we were 18 we are 27 now and getting married this July


he proposed to me last year.
We were together 3 months when he proposed and we've been married for 30 years. Next month will be 31. I think it's a good idea to get engaged first.
  • benefit
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment