Sunday, August 22, 2010

How would you feel if your spouse talks and text to someone of the opposite sex?

This is their friend before and after you two met.





Would you leave the marriage if He/She knows that bothers you or would you just leave well enough alone until that person gets caught in the act of cheating sexually?How would you feel if your spouse talks and text to someone of the opposite sex?
is your self esteem that low? Jesus mary and joesph can't we all just get alongHow would you feel if your spouse talks and text to someone of the opposite sex?
Not if they were friends before we were married/dated. However, if he went out with his friends and came home texting another woman that he just met.. oh yes, there would be a problem.
I wouldn't like it. I'd tell them I'd appreciate if they would stop.
I probably would be sad and hurt and I'd feel like he was hiding something from me
If them talking to someone of the opposite sex who they were always friends with, you have some serious trust issues.





No, it shouldn't bother you.
It wouldn't really bug me. It just all depends on what they talk about and as long as he isn't cheating.


But if they are cheating I would divorce them.
My husband doesn't really talk to females that he isnt related to or thats not my friends. But I have tons of guy friends that I text and talk to all the time. He doesnt really like it but he knows that we are just friends, and was before he came in the picture. So the question is do you trust him?
Its not ok. Any interaction between them should include you and they should not be talking or texting. Its not trust issues, its protecting the intimacy of the marriage.





All male-female relationships have some level of tension and this undermines a marriage. She should be your friend now and talking to you if she wants to see the 2 of you and even that is questionable.





People like to pretend its cool but the truth is if it upsets you, he needs to get rid of her. No one is more important than the spouse.





Don't assume he's cheating though. This should have been discussed before you married but I wouldn't have married a man who had female relationships outside of our relationship.





Personally, I couldn't handle it and it would be a huge issue for me with the potential for breaking us up. I want to be and am the only woman in my husband's personal life. There isn't enough time for any one else and even if there was this would rip me up.





If they see each other without you definitely leave him. The texting is ridiculous because it means they're in constant contact. She has to go!
I would not stand for it. I don't care how long they have been friends, he is your husband now. That should over ride anything. My husband would be getting the boot.
well my bf talks to other women. i used to get jealous but i figured whats the point. he does love me alot gosh he pays for my bills takes care of me...i doubt he'll cheat if he does then im gone n ive told him that!! Just talk it out how it bout how it bothers u and it just depends on the situation. id try to work things out before divorce.
She is testing the water !! look out this happened to me and ended in divorce what is she doing on the computer behind your back ??
leave well enough alone. if it's harmless i don't see the issue. i have male friends that occassionally text me. i know the boundaries as well as them. my husband doesn't care. my husband has friends that are women and what's the harm. we are both dedicated to one another. we're not interested in anyone else.





if the spouse isn't talking about your marriage problems or having conversations that could be considered inappropriate, i don't see the harm. if you're being unreasonable in your request, then maybe you need to evaluate why you ahve such a problem with it. at the same time, i think if it truly bothers you, then your spouse should listen to your concerns.





they must be giving you a reason to be jelous...?
That is happening to me right now. So I split up with my fiance for over two years just four days ago. It is hard, but that was his ex and if i would talk to my ex, it would be a different story.





I found a phone bill from last month where he talked to her four different times for 40-60 minutes each and he does not know i found it yet. He got a text and it was her and we got into a fight and he said he wasn't cheating and he pushed me against a wall and started hitting me.. so i said ';pack your bags, buddy';... even though my heart is broke and i am 26 years old.. but i guess that happens.





What makes me mad is that he was hiding it from me... Why would he do that? I am not a jealous person a bit, but i think that was wrong, because if i would have done it, he would went physco.





It depends. Did they have a sexual relationship?? If they did, i don't they he/she should be talking to them.
i would be pissed of and nip it in the bud quick
I wouldn't like it. My wife did have a friend that she talked to occasionally in the beginning but eventually they drifted apart. I was o.k. with it because they knew each other beforehand, but I wasn't crazy about the idea.
A marriage is a serious commitment, and if your spouse is still playing the flirting game, then obviously you need to take action. It is fine for your spouse to have friends of the opposite sex, but if it gets constant where they begin to talk about their friend more and more, let them know it bothers you.





A divorce should'nt be sparked over a little situation like this. As long as it stays to just texting and nothing more, you shouldn't be worried.





What you should do depends on the level of trust you have with your spouse. Is your spouse someone who is flirtatious? Or are they 100% committed. Ask yourself these questions, then evaluate yourself. How willing would you be to leave them based off of their decision to continue to text someone of the opposite sex?
Who is the friend? Just a person they have known for years or an Ex? Have you ever met the person? Decide on the threat level. You may want to see if you can get the text messages from your cell provider, keep this a SECRET till you have enough evidence to make decisions.





If it is an ex, then this should be confronted NOW. Be smooth about this....
if they are just talking and texting each other in a friendly matter and your spouse gives you a chance to read the texts or whatever then it shouldnt bother you because maybe they are just friends BUT beware this person could be showing you texts you want to see , like the hi and bye texts and say see thats all we do is talk ...and if she knows your married and seems to be making an effort to come between you its time for the me or her question if it makes you that uncomfortable because truth be told men and women cant just be friends...theres always the '; i wonder'; in the back of their mind and some people test that i wonder and step outta line
I'd just tell her if it bothered me.


And I might kick his ***.
i'd kill them in their sleep
i would respect it and trust my spouse that they are just friends. if you get controling that is wrong! THE OPPOSITE SEX ARE ALLOWED TO BE FRIENDS!!!!!!
A good solid relationship is built on trust and communication. If something is bothering you....them, then bring it up and talk about it. Sometimes situations get out of control and the person doing it didn't even realize it was bothering thier partner.
If it bothered me I would sit down and have give a rational explanation of my fears. If he would not listen to me then I would have to present an ultimatum.
any respectable person would want their friends marriage to work out, and would back down a bit.
If that is the worst thing he has ever done, I think you may have some trust issues. Does he let you see his texts? Does he tell you about their friendship? Does he include you in it? If all of those are yes, then you may need to accept his friendship with her. If you say no to any of those, then you are not overreacting. He is trying to hide things, and that always raises red flags.
My husband has friends female and males. I have made it clear to him what I would see as wrong. And texing them or calling them on regular basis, I would see as wrong. He has a female friend he speaks to at work. He has told me about some of the things they talk about. I don't mind them being friends at work.
kick his A$$$ what the hell does he think he is doing it might be a reason for divorce.
Depends on their friendship, has your hubby ever had feelings more than just buddylike for this friend, or the friend had more feelings for him, If so, i would definitely express that you don't like it. How would he feel if he knew you were still talking to a friend who you maybe at one point had strong feelings for or vice versa.
I would totally be depressed if my husband had a female friend that he enjoyed talking to more than me,i would feel like we dont have the connection we should have as a couple.... text a whole lot, that is really unnecessary. But, i think marrigae should be saved with any means possible, so if he really didnt understand that it bothers you so much, he wouldnt stop talking to her, that means she means more to him then you kinda, so...i would then leave. But, i understand your option of waiting to caught him cheating-cuz that would made it clear 100 %, and when you would look back, you could tell yourself and others'; i left because he cheated-not because you didnt understand or whatever.


Good luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment