Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to file state taxes if my spouse's W-7 is under processing ?

I filed my federal tax return along with a W-7 aplication for my spouse's TIN number last week. But the CA state tax application also needs her ITIN number.





What should I do about the state tax forms in this case? Should I send in a copy of my federal return and W-7 application ?





Thanks in advance.How to file state taxes if my spouse's W-7 is under processing ?
You can call and ask if the number is known, or you can ask for an extension.





Keep in mind that when you ask for an extension, you get to delay the filing of your forms, NOT the paying of your taxes. You can make a deposit at any bank for any amount you owe either for US taxes or for CA state taxes. The deadline for both is April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment