Sunday, August 22, 2010

How did your relationship with your spouse change after having children?

I have a 15 month old son and one on the way. I am just curious about other peoples experiences.How did your relationship with your spouse change after having children?
Our time alone together has greatly changed which as I am sure you know has changed other situations as well. However we still have a great relationship and always find a way to make time even when we are both exhausted from working all day and being with the baby all night, It is hard but the 2 of you have to make it work.How did your relationship with your spouse change after having children?
Our relationship has grown stronger, as we faced parenting challenges together. I've grown to love him more, as I see the children who I love loving him so much %26amp; him loving them back.
The physical time together was obviously less. Less sex and just less time for just the two of us alone.


But I think we became closer emotionally. We realized that the two of us were responsible for this little bundle of joy that came into our life, and we began to work as a team to be the best parents we could be for our son. By working together for the good of someone else besides ourselves, the two of us truly became one, just like the marriage ceremony said we would.
Our relationship has gone completely downhill! I still love my partner but we just seem to argue all the time. My daughters 5 months so im hoping it will get better as she gets a bit older.
Ours got worse. But I think it's because the kid exposed the problems we had. Turned out my husband has had depression, and this all brought it to a head. He is now going to counseling for it, so with hope, it will be better again.
It does take a lot of patience but our relationship is better than it has ever been. My husbands eyes light up when were doing something my 2 yr old son loves to do. It really brought us together and the family feeling you get over just the couple feeling is amazing..
When my son was 18 months old, my husband was an alcoholic. He was jealous of my son. My husband didn't get all of the attention he wanted and my son comes before my husband. Now my son is 9. My husband is sober - 6 1/2 years now. Everything is wonderful. Our marriage is better/stronger because of our son. If we didn't have a son I would have divorced him years ago. I'm glad I stuck it out. It was the best decision I every made. I couldn't image being with anyone else.
He left me
We really haven't experienced much of a change in our relationship. Before our children, we would come home eat dinner and then do a little work and head to bed. It is about the same now, except we spend time with our sons as well. We've always had a good emotional and physical relationship, neither of which had a noticable change.
This e-book is free to download and I really think you should read it. It's called 97 steps to a happy relationship. Check it out!
My son will be 9 months next week. My husband and I are doing much better. Still working out everything, it's really hard because we believe two different ways of raising our son.
Got Much Better For a While....!!
Let me see........





I am no longer with my daughter's father. Our relationship changed when I became more serious about the life we were living and where my future was going when I became responsible for the life and future of a baby as well who was counting on me to do the best thing for her.





My current husband and I are looking forward to life AFTER children. We came together with children already in the picture from the previous relationships we had and have not experienced life together without children.

No comments:

Post a Comment