Thursday, July 29, 2010

What do you tell a spouse or significant other to get in shape with you?

I am working out and building muscle and my boyfriend is not. How do i motivate him to work out with me?What do you tell a spouse or significant other to get in shape with you?
It's easier when a couple does it together. My husband and I work out together. Don't force the issue, he'll see how great you're doing..he might get motivated. It's something he's going to have to do for himself. Buy a subscription to Muscle and Fitness or Men's Fitness..and that will motivate him!


send him to Testosterone nation.com great site!What do you tell a spouse or significant other to get in shape with you?
tell him you wanna be more active and healthy and you need his support and it would be a diff. way to spend time together... or you could just say dude.. ur belly is big.. ahhaa j/k .. i'm doing the same thing with my man. i just told him we could motivate each other
Give him sex treats when he loses a couple of pounds...other than that he actually has to want to do it himself
You can't make someone lose weight or get in shape. They have to want to do it. But you can do things that he might not realize, such as dragging him on walks, suggesting hiking/camping trips, taking your bikes instead of the car, little one on one basketball, swimming. If your general concerned for his health I would have a heart to heart with him about the benefits of eating better and being fit.
If your boyfriend doesnt want to work out then no amount of nagging will make him,it will only put a wedge between you.


I go to keep fit twice a week and swimming once a week with my friend but i wouldnt ask my partner to come with me coz i know he wouldnt and to try and make him will only cause problems so if your boyfriend doesnt want to exercise then let him be.


christy
I have this problem myself. One good way is to start buying healthier food. Also, start doing exercising as a couple activity.


Like playing basketball together or something like that. So he may not see it as an exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment