Thursday, July 29, 2010

Has anyone the filed injured spouse received their stimulus rebate yet?

I know they said they are working on those after they get all of the regular rebates sent out, atleast that is what one IRS rep told me. I was just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet.





And yes, I have checked the status online.Has anyone the filed injured spouse received their stimulus rebate yet?
NO!!! We filed form 8379 with our tax return in March, and received our refund in May. We received a letter May 23 stating our stimulus check was offsett. I called the IRS and they said to file another injured spouse claim and write stimulus rebate on top. We sent that right in and as of today still no rebate check. I called the IRS again just to see if they had any info (BIG WASTE OF TIME), and they told me it would be at least 45 - 60 days. GOOD LUCK!!!Has anyone the filed injured spouse received their stimulus rebate yet?
received our check today 8/04!!!!

Report Abuse



There are a lot of rumors flying around, none of which are quite true. As soon as the form 8379 is filed, it puts a hold on the tax account until someone can process the 8379. The 8379 requires a human being to actually process it. For the regular refund, the clerk must allocate the refund between the two spouses. For the stimulus, they simply allocate the stimulus 50-50. If the clerk starts working on a new taxpayer, they actually are supposed to punch in the stimulus first, release it and then work on the rest of the 8379.





However, I'm sure that some 8379 forms were processed before the stimulus program began and they will need someone to go back and process the account a second time. Some taxpayers filed the 8379 solely for the rebate--and since they wouldn't haven't filed these until after the rebate program was announced, are at the bottom of the stacks....
no we filed our injured spouse form early Feb before the rebate was announced but in trying to work on getting my share of the tax refund i was told by the irs and tax advocacy that the form would count towards the stimulus also, ours wasnt they offset the whole amount towards my husbands past debt I called the irs and was told that it was never put in the system we filed the form, finally got that taken care of she said to give it 45 days to get my half have called a couple times to see the status was told each time 45 days to process it, we are now at about 70 days, oh well it was nice to think about the extra money but have given up hope and figured it lowers my husband debt
yes,i filed injured spouse on april 1st and got my refund on june 2nd and got my rebate on june 16th or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment