Thursday, July 29, 2010

How much money would your spouse make per hour for you to consider becoming a stay at home parent?

For people that would actually want to stay at home with their children.How much money would your spouse make per hour for you to consider becoming a stay at home parent?
Depends on where you live, the cost of living there etc.


Personally, it has little to do with how much an hour my hubby makes - as long as we can afford to live.


To me its a cost-benefit thing. The cost of daycare+work clothes+higher personal care (getting hair done etc)+transportation is sligtly lower than what I would bring home every month. Add that to the fact that you aren't going to be able to help with your kids school work as much etc etc, doesn't make much sense for me to go to work.





Also, there are ways you can make money at home. I do accounting from home extremely casually, just enough to bring in a little extra money. Some people babysit after school for a couple hours for neighbours etc.





It's all about what's important to you. To our family, me being at home available to our kids is the most important thing in the world, even if it means we can only afford one car and only one extra curricular activity per kid instead of 5.How much money would your spouse make per hour for you to consider becoming a stay at home parent?
i say about 18-20 dollars an hour at the least.
At the time with my first daughter, I was making $10/hr and couldn't afford daycare costs, I would only be ahead $300 a month so we sacrificed, moved to a smaller home, went without a car for a while and now it's 6 yrs and two children later and I wouldn't change it for the world. My husband was making $15/hr and we've managed it. For us it wasn't a case of money, it's b/c we wanting it this way.
Cut down on spending so that what ever he makes will be enough. Staying home to raise your own kids is worth every cent!
It all depends on where you live, and cost of living. While some people can make it with a spouse making $10/hour some need $18/hr. My fiance makes $13/hr, works 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week, so he gets alot of overtime in, and we are doing just fine with me staying home full time.
$25-30 per hour.(big family...lotsa bills...)
I don't think it really matters how much he makes per hour. You need to just make sure your budget can handle it. I think this world would be a much better place if more women stayed at home to raise their children.
Whatever I would need to pay for:


-all the bills, including vet,shoes, clothes and meds,


-the kids extracurricular activities,


-take-out 1xweek (figure 2x the normal amt you'd pay now- they grow fast),


-1x-2x month night out for adults only- even if its a picnic in the yard after they go to bed.


-holidays and birthdays( plus some for friends bdays-aprox $25/mth/kid)


plus some left over for emergencies.
Twice what he makes now, and thats about $18 or so.


That would cover both our wages
  • john masters
  • oil acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment