Thursday, July 29, 2010

How do you thank your spouse for a Xmas present that you never got?

I was a little disappointed there was nothing under the tree for me. I was so excited shopping for her and made sure she had something from Santa. I guess it is time to move on. What would your take be?How do you thank your spouse for a Xmas present that you never got?
Talk to her and ask if she is the present santa left???????How do you thank your spouse for a Xmas present that you never got?
Dear Mr. Pickle, I guess that it depends on what the gift was (wasn't) and the reason for which you did not receive it. You must have been REALLY bad.......(just kidding)


raisinblooooo

Report Abuse



I can see why you would be so hurt. I can't imagine what your wife's excuse would be for why she didn't care enough to get you anything.





I'd go out and buy myself something really nice, then come home acting all happy and show your wife what you bought and say, ';look honey what I bought for you to give me for Christmas. I know it's late, but it's just what I wanted. Thanks!';





Next Christmas, buy your wife a nice present (keep the receipt). Don't put the present under the tree, find a good hiding place for it. Now on Christmas day, if there isn't a gift from your wife, then don't give your wife the gift you bought her. Return it to the store and use the money to buy yourself something. Be sure to show your wife what you bought and tell her since she doesn't want to exchange presents, you thought you would buy yourself a nice present.





Now if Christmas day comes and you DO find a present under the tree from your wife, then go to your hiding place, get your wife's present and give it to her.
Depends on how financially set you are, if you didn't really have money to spend on Christmas then she made a better financial decision then you.





If she just blatantly didn't by you a present then there is a hidden message in that and it means I don't love you





Also is this your first Christmas together as a couple (considering your married I would assume not) but has she always given you a present before?
I can't imagine not giving my spouse a Christmas gift, unless we had agreed to buy a joint gift, or not to exchange anything. I think you need to move into the honesty zone and just tell your spouse that you hoped they appreciated the gift you purchased and you were a little disappointed at not also receiving something. Stop there and judge where you stand by the reaction.
';Honey, I hope you really like what Santa brought for you. I'm sure he spent a long time choosing just the right gift to put under the tree. I know how much it means to you to receive something for Christmas.';





Kinda hurts though, doesn't it? If this slight is all it takes to end your marriage, you didn't have much of a relationship anymore.
My birthday came and went, my husband didn't even remember until the day was almost over. When his birthday came around, I still bought him a gift. He had told me not to, but I had already gotten it.





Ultimately, I believe that you should give a gift because you want to not because you expect a gift in return. However, I understand how you feel having been the one that gives and doesn't receive.





This Christmas my spouse suggested that we did not exchange gifts. So we did not. If this is the first time that your wife did not buy you a gift I'd probably mention it to her to find out if something is up.
Don't let things fester. If you drop it and just move on with your life you will resent her and end up punishing her and not even know it. You should expect anything, but I do see how your feeling got hurt. Talk to her nicely without making her feel bad for not getting you anything. Just let her know how you feel (unappreciated, or unloved, or whatever you felt when there was no gift for you).





Hold hands when you talk it out. It helps keep things calm and loving between you two during thought conversations.
yeah. thats kinda messed up she didnt even get you ONE gift. but is it something you all do? imean, did you guys say something like we'll just get gifts for the kids or somehow agree you wouldnt get each other gifts? i mean, shes your wife right? can you just tell her how you feel? just tell her it sorta bothered you she didnt get you anything. if she gets all defensive, she could be a) pms-ing; b) flip the switch cuz shes embarrassed of the confrontation; c) apologize and say she'll make it up to you. but ';moving on'; cuz you didnt get a christmas present? thats a bit much u think? i mean what are you 5?! just come out with it
Wow I would be totally disappointed, but then I am a very giving person and I would definitely (if I had a spouse) have them on my list.





Sounds like things arent sunny and bright there in more than one aspect.





I'm sorry to hear that and hope this new year will bring you much joy!





Cinn =)
Move on to what? This is your marriage you're talking about. Have you talked to her about your disappointment? Have you been having communication issues? Talk to her, tell her how you feel, get it out in the open. There's more going here than no Xmas gift..
I can't imagine a women not giving you a Christmas gift.If it's financial there are so many things that don't cost much,even a homemade gift of a scarf,cookies,etc.Tell her how you feel %26amp; then decide what the relationship means to you.
When you say ';it's time to move on';, do you actually mean ';to divorce her because she didn't get you a present';? Please tell me you're joking right now !


Maybe she was busy or didn't have the money ?
awh thats so sad. did you two agree on getting presents for eachother?


or did you not even talk about it and she just decided not to get you anything? its only a gift but i understand why youd be upset.
maybe she didn't have the income this year i think you should just be thankful that you and her were able to be together for christmas there are alot of couples not so lucky.
Should never do something w/ the expectation of getting in return.
Buy yourself a present, wrap it and open it in front of her. Then thank her!
I would have thanked her on Christmas day. My guess is she may no longer be into you or no longer in love. Have you spoken to her about this?





Very sorry for your troubles
Yes
you are gonna leave cause you did not get a present? did you talk to her about it

No comments:

Post a Comment