Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When your spouse passes away can your collect their social security?

My great uncle just died. My aunt gets about 500 a month for SS and my uncle got 800. Can she collect his 800 instead of the 500 now that he passed away?When your spouse passes away can your collect their social security?
Yes....but I think its after 65.....the higher of the two.When your spouse passes away can your collect their social security?
most definitely!!!
I doubt that very much, but as her circumstances have now changed she should notify social services who will then be able to reassess her needs and advise her of what she is now entitled to receive.
Yes, after death the spouse will receive the higher of the benefits.
  • benefit
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment