Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How can I ask my employer to provide and PAY for health insurance for my spouse and children?

With our income being cut in half, we cannot afford to shell out and extra $700 a month.How can I ask my employer to provide and PAY for health insurance for my spouse and children?
I wouldn't even bother. They know how much you earn, and how much your insurance costs.... If they intended it to be any other way, they would have had other options available. They're probably trying to discourage you from having your entire family on one plan. Helps keep costs down.





You can always try begging. That works sometimes...How can I ask my employer to provide and PAY for health insurance for my spouse and children?
Won't happen. In all reality it is not fair to the single people at your work. You would be getting a significantly larger benefit package for same job
You can ask, but why would they? I would suggest taking on another job to cover the expense.





I'm sure that I won't get ';best answer';, since you were looking to get someone else to foot your bill, but ultimately, it's your responsibility.





If you are unhappy with the benefits that are being offered, then you need to find another employer.





Good Luck!!
I've got the perfect solution for you because I just helped out a guy w/ the same situation.





This isn't insurance (which is a good thing), it's better than insurance because it's only used when you need it! It's a healthcare discount program. It includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, and chiropractic.


Your family's included (as long as they live with you) for about $60 a month.





It really helped me out, I think it would work if you're looking to get rid of the premiums (that's why I did it!)
If there is not already a health plan in place at your work, your employer cannot only offer this benefit to your family. If there is a health plan, check with HR to see how it can be tailored to your needs.... Good luck!
Are you sure it's 700 a month more? Usually companies will have a plan that is available to the covered employee if they want to include family coverage, for about 350-450 a mo. But I doubt they will do it for free.You might try getting a promotion to a higher pd position. Or start looking for an employer that will provide you with a better paying postion
If they provide insurance they usually pay your premium and half of the family. See if that is possible, but ultimately you will have to pay something. Also check with your city and see if they offer family insurance at a low rate based on your income.
LOL! You can ask any way that you want, but that is a lot of extra money to pay for insurance for you, your spouse, and children. Good luck. Not many companies offer that.


If you can't live without - get a second job, have your wife get a second job, or find a different job with better benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment