Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How many children can you ';handle'; if your spouse is in the military and they are currently away?

I was just wondering what you guys think in general. Our spouses are away for a long time. How many kids do you handle or could you handle on your own without any help?How many children can you ';handle'; if your spouse is in the military and they are currently away?
I am a military wife, and I only have one child and when my husband is gone either in the field or deployments we do just fine, I know other families that have 4 or 5 and they do just fine. I also know other families that have only 1 kid like me but they go insane. It just depends on the person.





If you are a military wife then you know that you adjust to your situation.





Good Luck!!How many children can you ';handle'; if your spouse is in the military and they are currently away?
I think it depends on a number of things - how many children you have, how organized you are, and the support system you have. Some people can deal with lots of kids because they're organized and have a strict routine, which is for the better. So I guess you'd never know unless you had more children.





I have the utmost respect for military wives; I don't think I could do it. I admire anyone who can willingly let their husbands go for months at a time to serve their country and still go on, especially when there are small children involved. You are truly brave, strong women!
I spent five years working in a daycare center with the infants/toddlers. I was on more than one occassion with 8 children under the age of 3..





My mother in law was a single mothe of 6. I guess it all depends on how many YOU think you can handle.





Me personally, I could easily raise an army single handedly for a year and a half..
Haha! There are days where I feel like I'm directing a 3 ring circus! We only have two kids right now - a 10 month old who is teething and a 3 year old who makes Dennis the Menace look like an angelic model child. lol. We would like to have one more child at some point in time. I don't really get any time to myself at all. I mean, let's face it, we live away from our families and who am I going to find to watch two kids so I can go out and have some alone time? It just doesn't happen. lol. It's really hard, especially since they KNOW that Daddy is gone and they miss him and sometimes (especially for my 3 year old) it breaks their little hearts (and mine). Especially when she says ';mommy, where daddy go?'; or ';When Daddy come home?'; The other hard (hardest) part is knowing that you husband may not come home.





How do I cope? Lots of play groups. lol. That gives me a chance to get out and talk to other moms and my kids a chance to play with other kids. One thing that I want to start doing is (when finances allow) get a babysitter for maybe 2 hours 3 times a week so that I can go to the gym on base (as the gym is free). That way I can do my running (I looove to run) and get more exercise than pushing a stroller every day. Prayer. Lots of prayer. MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) is also a good group to get involved with.
well I have 3 and my hubby works from 10am - 7 pm.


I never thought it will be this hard to raise 3 children I am 24.


Yes thankfully when they go to school I have time for myself when newborn is sleeping shes the easiest by the way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment