Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How long is too long cry after a spouse cheats?

I found out that my boyfriend of 15 years cheated on me a long time ago. It has been 6 weeks since he told me and I still can't get images out of my mind. I cry several times a day and can't bring myself to even look at him. I still love him and want to stay with him(we are getting married in Oct.) Any advise?How long is too long cry after a spouse cheats?
I'm not sure why he told you; that wasn't a very smart move. It served no purpose whatsoever. You can cry as long as you need to, but the truth is that many times we never know that our boyfriend cheated. Cry as long as you need to.How long is too long cry after a spouse cheats?
Honey you need to make your strong and just get it in your head to get over him cheating on you. My husband cheated on me and it took me a year or two to get over it. I was also prego when he cheated on me, so that made it horrible for me. If its been along time ago and he hasnt done it since then get mad break some of his stuff and go shopping. You will feel better at the end of the day. Spend time with him and do romantic stuff together get that flame back, and it will get better.
I am sorry but he cheated once he will do it again. I think even though you still love him you need to break it off with him. He betrayed you and you r still planning on marrying him. It really sounds like to me that you need to really think things through before you say i do to him. Marriage is based on trust and went that trust is broken it takes a long time to forgive and forget and most people don't ever forget and a lot don't forgive.
It takes a while to get over something like this. It took me almost 6 months before I got to the point where I would not get upset with my wife on a daily basis. This is a wound that time needs to heal.





Hopefully your boyfriend is consistently doing things to show you that he is sorry and that he loves you. If he is, then it will make things easier. It may also be beneficial to see a counselor. Counseling sessions can be a good way to talk about things in a safe environment.
1 minute is too long in your situation.





I'm glad he cheated. The first line of your question is a HUGE red flag. BOYFRINED OF 15 YEARS? Why isn't he your husband? Does he not want to comit? This is going to be very harsh - but maybe he doesn't really love you and he is just afraid of being alone?





Also - why did he tell you? Did he do it as an out? If I ever cheated on my husband I would tell him if I did it now. But if I cheated 5 years ago I wouldn't just randomlly bring it up today -- unless I wanted him to dump me.





Sorry, its so harsh I know, but I think you should consider therapy to get the structure you need at this difficult time.





Best wishes for happy healing.
Did you mean 15 months, why did it take you 15 years to get married? I'm confused bc your ? says a 'spouse' Maybe he wanted to be honest with you b/f you got married. Either you can forgive him and forget this past incident or you can't and you need to move on. I suggest figuring this out b/f sending out the invitations. If you can't move past it you need to move on...
Please do not marry him. Move on as FAST as you CAN. You no need to be sad, you should think you are lucky because you know what kind of person he is before getting married. Cheater will not change. If you marry him, he will think that is right and continue to cheat you after marry him. Why you give your heart and your life to a cheater and make you unhappy and cry all the time?
PRE-Marital counseling. OR no marriage at all. (At this point anyway...)








you need to go into a marriage trusting//loving who you are marrying, at the least!! 15 years is a long time invested in someone. Make damn sure you are happy, and doing just what is best for YOU. He comes secondary at this point. Cheaters cheat again.
Well, it has been along time, but you need to make sure you go in to the marriage knowing you can trust him. So I would say if you can't get past this you should hold off on the wedding and go to counseling. Good luck.
RUN AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN if you marry him knowing that he is a cheater then you are asking to be hurt all over again
better now cheat than latter. oh but hopfully you forget it within 7 months, but i dont think so it will remove of your mind, until he build a strong trust in you again. good luck
How long is to long you ask?





For me 5 minutes is to long.... you don't trust him anymore.... don't marry him and move on! He will do it again!
It takes a long time and will come up again and hurt again long and far into the future.
Oh, this relationship has some problems! Fifteen years? He's not going to marry you. I would cry just long enough to get packed and get out.
Therapy.
Couples counseling!
Jeez. It was a long time ago.
HE'S COMING CLEAN BEFORE MARRIAGE FIND OUT WHY.
Advise? Yeah...next time tell him to keep his mouth shut.
You have been going with the same guy for 15 years?!?!? I'd break it off with him and go to therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment