Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is it normal to feel worried about my spouse tattooing my name on himself?

My husband is on work in another state right now. We were talking on the phone and mentioned getting my name tattooed on himself. I thought he was joking because we both always agreed that names were bad ju ju. Well now he is going today to get it! My name is 7 letters and he picked out a design that is like a flourish as he describes it. It will go on the entire inside of his forearm. He said that my name is not really noticeable unless you know it's there and it blends very nicely into the design. He says that if anything ever happens, he can turn it into a sleeve and nobody will ever know. I asked him why, and he said that he loves me so much and he wants what he loves most in the world close to him and with him always. I feel the same way and admire his tenderness and honesty, but I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable about it. Maybe more for the fact that people/family will blame me for him putting my name on his body? Should I just be flattered and love him more?Is it normal to feel worried about my spouse tattooing my name on himself?
It's his body, if he wants to put a tattoo of your name on it, that's his choice. I think it's sweet, and I like the idea that he's blending it with a design. You should be flattered. When my husband and I were still dating we had a running joke between us of ';I like toast.'; He decided to get a tattoo of a toaster with toast, and it's like our thing. People comment on it (I mean how many people have a tattoo of a toaster?) but we know what it means because it's special to us. If your husband says that your name blends in so well that no one would really notice, you should think of how special that tattoo will be to both of you because only you will know what it means. And why would anyone blame you for what he decided to put on his body?Is it normal to feel worried about my spouse tattooing my name on himself?
yes! i was worried!!!
Just be flattered and love him because, in the end especially if it's been discussed before, it sounds like there is very little reason to believe that you are going to change his mind about it.
well isnt it good that you have a name that isnt something like.......fanny or booby or something long and drawn out lol...no seriously though just accept it and you cant rid of your feelings you will get used to it and as well as getting used to it at least you know he loves you lol, its nice really and men are sometimes daft anyway (no offense to anyone) so just smile and think ahhhh my man is daft.





but really at least your boyfriend isnt stoppin u getting a tattoo....mine is :o(
I think you should be a little flattered, he is making a permanent mark of your name on his skin! But at the same time, what if you split up? Your choice really. If your worried, your worried. Cant stop the gut feeling. Hope that tattoo turns out good :)
well if things don't work out, you should be prepared to be a b**** to everyone who knows him. my ex tattooed my name on his forearm and we broke up two days later. the breakup was so bad that i, on a whim, decided to move across the country to get away from him. on the upside, i did find my husband after i moved. i guess it can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it.
My husband use to say he would get my name and I use to tell him I love you and I know you love me but there are other ways to show me you love me other then placing my name permanently on your body. I enjoyed helping design all the tattoos for each of our 4 children that our on his body. These are pictures of that our love created, try going that route for awhile, If all else fails and things go wrong god forbid, just look at it this way this is one way you could haunt him for the rest of his life.....ha ha.
I understand. I would be confused also about the situation. I am personally against getting a name tattooed on you. Because you both dislike them and he got one anyway, I would take it as a wonderful compliment. Its really pretty sweet. Just don't go get his name tattooed on you. Admire his.
i have my wifes name on my neck withh abig rose dont be worried it bf gf names that are bad luck
dont worry about what other people think. If anything explain to them that he was the one who wanted it and it is his body. I would feel a little uncomfortable also but like he said he can always get it covered if need be.
i do think it is a lovely gesture, but i totally have the ';bad ju ju'; idea also. it always seems like such taboo to tattoo your lover/spouse's name on you. i have my daughter's name on my foot. and i wanted to do something for my husband, so i am getting ';Wife'; in arabic on the back of my neck. but who cares. if you are excited and he is excited go for it
I would feel uncomfortable too. I think I would feel obligated to get his name on me, and I just wouldn't do that. I don't know...there's not much you can do to stop him so I guess you'll just have to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment